Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Upcycle Tuesday Pimp my Deck!

Before


After
 I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial weekend! It was also a long weekend here in Germany not sure what it was for but none the less  we had Monday off :) I took that time to take my balcony from drab to fab!

Since we will only be here for a year I did not want to invest too much money into something we would have to get rid of a year later. Bottle crates are very popular in Berlin, a lot of cafes use them as seats so I borrowed their idea. I bought 5 crates for 1.50 euros (returnable when I'm finished and I get the money back) the table top was from a local home store for 8 euros and the plastic rug for 10 euros. I made the seat cushions myself with cheap fabric I purchased for 3 euros, an old pillow case for backing and leftover fabric scraps for stuffing. I have to say I am very happy with the end result!

No comments: