Friday, May 4, 2012

Frugal Fashionista Friday Spring Has Sprung!






















Spring has finally sprung here in Berlin and it's time to break out the jean shorts and sundresses. Spring/Summer is my favorite time of the year firstly because it is warm and I looovvve the warmth (which all of my friends can attest to after hearing my grumblings through the winter) secondly your can wear the same summer dress or jean shorts summer after summer which means you wallet gets a break. If I do plan to add to my summer wardrobe I definitely start by trolling the vintage stores. They are filled with one of a kind goodies that let you shine all summer long!

Since the weather was so nice I am featuring two outfits that's how excited I am. Here's what I wore:

First Look
The oatmeal summer dress was a vintage purge from my friends closet (gotta love friends with great taste) the coach bag as I discussed in a previous post was found for $15 in Williamsburg sorry don't remember the name of the shop but will find out once I return to NY cuz it's awesome. The sweater is from the sale rack at Topshop originally $90 marked down to $30 the shoes are from Forever 21 for $17 they are perfect for accessories and fillers to you wardrobe.

Second Look
While I have been in Berlin the thrift shop Humana has become my new best friend they have surprised me with deal after deal. I found this 90's style half dress thingy for 6 euros, if my memory serves me correct I think they were layered over slip dresses. Well I layered it over a cute pair of Wrangeler high waist jean shorts I found for 7 euros. I love shopping at Urban Outfitter's but when I see vintage Levis high waist cutoffs for $60 I march myself  straight to my local goodwill and find them for wayyyyy cheaper. The shoes are from forever 21 and the fringe bag is a purge from my best friends closet love her!!!

Hope you have become inspired to visit your local thrift store :)


No comments: