Monday, March 31, 2008

You didn't actually think I was finished!!!




Toward the end of our trip I dragged my daughter to Babycakes a cupcake shop that offers all natural, organic cupcakes free from wheat, gluten, dairy, casein and eggs. Their products are sweetened with agave nectar a natural syrup from a cactus. When I set upon this cupcake journey I thought it was around the corner from my friends place who lived in the 400's on Broome St and the shop is on 248 Broome St. Oh how wrong I was! As my daughter and I marched along Broome St past Little Italy than China Town my daughter fully covering her nose and I walking gingerly to avoid slipping on a fish eye! Deep in the heart of the Lower east side Babycakes wonderful cupcake aroma finally overtook the fishy odor that chased us like the hounds of hell. I have to say it was well worth the trip not sure if my daughter agrees though!

No comments: